Skip to Content
chevron-left chevron-right chevron-up chevron-right chevron-left arrow-back star phone quote checkbox-checked search wrench info shield play connection mobile coin-dollar spoon-knife ticket pushpin location gift fire feed bubbles home heart calendar price-tag credit-card clock envelop facebook instagram twitter youtube pinterest yelp google reddit linkedin envelope bbb pinterest homeadvisor angies

Have you been injured while on the job or doing a task that was directly related to your job? Maybe you are suffering from a long-term disability that was caused by the conditions at work? If so, you may be asking yourself when should I file a workman’s compensation claim and seek legal advice? The answer may actually surprise you. You should file a workman’s compensation claim and seek legal advice immediately after the accident or incident that lead to your injury or long-term disability.

If you’re laid up to the point that you’re unable to file a workman’s compensation claim and seek legal advice on day one than there are a few options you can choose from. The first is to have a family member or close friend contact an attorney that works with victims of work related accidents. The attorney will help you file your workman’s compensation claim so you don’t need to worry about filing out all of that paperwork. If you don’t have a trusted family member or friend than it’s important to contact an attorney as soon as you as physically able.

That way, your attorney can start working on your behalf. You need to keep in mind that workman’s compensation claims tend to be a bit complicated. You also need to keep in mind that your employer’s insurance company is looking to pay out the least amount of money to you as possible. The good news is that your workman’s compensation attorney is working hard to ensure that you will receive as much money as possible. The bottom line is that you need to be represented by an attorney who will fight for your best interests against the insurance companies and even perhaps your employer.

If you are seriously injured while on the job you may not be able to work for a long period of time. Some people are forced to retire. Your attorney may suggest suing your employer in a court of law in order for you to receive the compensation that you deserve. You have the rights to be fully compensated for the injuries that you sustained at your job. If you need help filling out your workman’s compensation claim, have any questions about workman’s compensation and how it works, and or would like to hire an attorney who will represent your best interests please contact Your Legal Rights Advocates today.